Orange Wakame Salad
Total Time:30 minutes, 15 minutes active
A light and flavorful salad using wakame. Orange zest and juice brighten the flavor and cucumber adds crunch.
- 1/3 cup wakame, cut into strips, soaked in water for 10-15 minutes, then drained
- 2 cups diced cucumber
- 1 tsp. ginger, grated (optional)
- 1 medium orange, zest and juice
- 1 Tbsp. tamari
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. brown rice vinegar
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds, toasted, for garnish
- Combine all ingredients except sesame seeds in a medium bowl and marinate for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season to taste, garnish with toasted sesame seeds and serve.
Serve as a side to accompany any meal, or with rice crackers as a snack.
75 Calories, 1 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 268 mg. sodium, 16 g. carbohydrate, 6 g. fiber, 3 g. protein