Thai Salad with Peanut Dressing
Total Time:25 minutes
A creamy peanut dressing is tossed with crunchy vegetables for a healthy salad that makes a light lunch or a great dinner side for an Asian-inspired meal.
- 1 cup shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup roughly-chopped cilantro
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup sesame sticks
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 tablespoon agave (or honey)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch of salt
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- Water to thin to desired consistency
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl except the peanuts and sesame sticks.
- Whisk together all the ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl adding. For a thinner dressing, add as much water as you like until you get the desired consistency.
- Pour 3/4 of the dressing onto the salad and toss until all the ingredients are well coated.
- Add the peanuts and sesame sticks and give the salad one final toss.
- Serve with the extra dressing on the side.
Add cubes of baked seasoned tofu to the salad for an easy main dish, or serve as a side to spicy barbecued ribs or chicken.
257 calories, 17 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 320 mg. sodium, 21 g. carbohydrate, 6 g. fiber, 8 g. protein