Thai Cucumber Salad with Peanuts
Total Time:1 hour 15 minutes; 15 minutes active
A simple and refreshing cucumber salad.
- 2 pounds (about 3 large) cucumbers, split lengthwise, seeded, and sliced into 1/4-inch crescents*
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large glass or stainless steel bowl, combine all vegetables. Add dressing and toss. Let sit at least 1 hour, mixing occasionally.
- Add peanuts just before serving and stir to combine.
Garnish with extra peanuts or cilantro sprigs, or serve on a bed of fresh kale.
189 calories, 16 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 104 mg. sodium, 11 g. carbohydrate, 2 g. fiber, 4 g. protei