Total Time:40-45 minutes
Roasting brings out the flavor intensity of the vegetables and brings new excitement to this traditional French dish.
- 1 eggplant (about 1 pound), chopped into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 zucchini (about 3/4 pound), chopped into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 bell pepper, chopped into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 large red onion, chopped into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
Preheat the oven to 400°F. In a large mixing bowl, stir all marinade ingredients together. Toss the chopped vegetables with the marinade and let sit for 30 minutes to an hour. Place vegetables and marinade on a large sheet pan and roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes, until vegetables look roasted and are tender.
Serve as a side dish or with couscous.
78 calories, 1 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 177 mg. sodium, 15 g. carbohydrate, 4 g. fiber, 4 g. protein