Minty Green Tea Pops
Total Time:3 hours including freezing; 10 minutes active
Cool off with these refreshing homemade minty green tea ice pops. While this recipe calls for plain green tea, you can use any other green tea or black tea as well.
- 4 cups water
- 4 teabags green tea
- 1/2 cup fresh spearmint, plus 10 small leaves
- 1/4 cup honey
- Ice pop molds and sticks or 3-oz. paper cups and sticks
- Prepare your pop molds. If using paper cups, place them on a sheet pan.
- In a 2-quart pot, bring the water to a boil. Remove from heat and let cool for a few seconds, then drop in the teabags and 1/2 cup mint. Steep for 5 minutes, then remove the tea bags and stir in the honey until dissolved. Let cool.
- When cooled completely, strain into a pitcher, pressing on the mint gently. Pour the tea mixture into the prepared pop molds, place a mint leaf in each, then freeze completely. If using paper cups, freeze for half an hour before inserting sticks.
- When frozen, store in an airtight bag or container for up to a month.
Enjoy these minty treats on a warm afternoon along with some fresh berries, or serve after dinner alongside a scoop of ice cream.
25 calories, 0 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 0 mg. sodium, 7 g. carbohydrate, 0 g. fiber, 0 g. protein