Total Time:30 minutes prep time; 60 minutes total
The fabulous flavor of fried chicken in a healthier baked version that's oh so delicious!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1- to 2-inch strips
- 1/2 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- Pinch each of salt and ground black pepper
- 1 cup crushed cornflake cereal (about 2 cups whole flakes)
- In a large bowl, mix the yogurt, milk, mustard, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper. Coat the chicken strips with the yogurt mixture and refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Oil a sheet pan. Roll each chicken strip in the crushed cornflakes and place on the sheet pan. Bake for 13-15 minutes until the crust is just browning and the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
Jalapeño cornbread, steamed greens, hot sauce and black-eyed pea salad lend an authentic Southern twist to this baked chicken recipe.
171 calories, 3 g. fat, 65 mg. cholesterol, 139 mg. sodium, 8 g. carbohydrate, 0 g. fiber, 26 g. protein