Kale Antipasto Salad
Total Time:20 minutes
Perfect for a potluck, this salad is full of robust flavor.
- 1 bunch Tuscan (lacinato) kale, stems removed and coarsely chopped to make 8 cups
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 12-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, plus 2 tablespoons of marinade
- 1/4 cup red onion, slivered
- 1 3-ounce package sliced salami, cut in strips
- 2 large pepperoncini peppers, chopped
- 1 large jarred roasted red pepper, drained and patted dry, slivered
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Chop the kale and place in a large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic and salt and massage the kale until it softens and shrinks. Add the drained artichoke hearts, red onions, salami, pepperoncini, roasted pepper and parmesan cheese and toss to mix.
The perfect potluck salad! Make ahead of time, and keep the salad cool until it’s time to share. Keeps, tightly covered in the refrigerator, for two days.
390 calories, 31 g. fat, 30 mg. cholesterol, 1240 mg. sodium, 20 g. carbohydrate, 5 g. fiber, 12 g. protein