Carob Date Crisps
Total Time:2 hours, 15 minutes
Servings:15 2-inch bars
A delicious rice cake-style dessert you can make yourself.
- 1/4 cup carob chips
- 2 tablespoons butter, margarine, or soy margarine
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cups chopped almonds
- 8 Medjool dates, stones removed, chopped
- 2 cups puffed brown rice
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup graham crackers, crumbled
- In a small double boiler, melt together the butter or margarine, maple syrup, and carob chips, stirring until smooth.
- Pour the melted carob mixture into a bowl and add all remaining ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Line a loaf tin with foil. Pour the carob mixture into the pan and press down firmly and evenly.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. When chilled, remove from the pan and cut into squares or bars.
117 calories, 5 g. fat, 4 mg. cholesterol, 53 mg. sodium, 17 g. carbohydrate, 1 g. fiber, 2 g. protein