Tangerine and Jicama Salad
Total Time:30 minutes
Tart, juicy and crunchy, this unusual citrusy salad is a lovely bright complement to fish, poultry or turkey burgers.
- 3 tangerines, peeled and segmented
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, diced
- 3 cups jicama, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup red onion, julienned
- 1/2 cup carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
Combine all ingredients and mix well.
Tart, juicy and crunchy, this unusual citrusy salad is a lovely bright complement to fish, poultry or turkey burgers. Or serve it in a whole wheat pita with strips of marinated baked tofu.
Calories: 85, Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 5 mg, Carbohydrate: 21 g, Dietary Fiber: 6 g, Protein: 1 g