Tandoori Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Sauce
Total Time:2 hours 30 minutes; 30 minutes active
Popular in Indonesian and Malaysian cuisine, this is an easy to prepare version of spicy, skewered meats that are marinated in yogurt and spices. Serve it with a spicy peanut sauce and warm rice.
- 6 (4-ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips or cubes
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon peeled chopped fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon tumeric
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Blend all marinade ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Combine marinade and chicken in a large plastic bag and refrigerate for 2 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Remove chicken from bag and discard marinade. Thread chicken strips onto 24 (6-inch) skewers. Place skewers on broiler pan coated with cooking spray and broil for 6 minutes per side.
- For the sauce: Blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Adjust seasoning to taste.
183 calories, 16 g. fat, 1 mg. cholesterol, 468 mg. sodium, 6 g. carbohydrate, 2 g. fiber, 7 g. protein