Homestyle Creamed Corn
Total Time:25 minutes
Homemade creamed corn is easy to make and oh, so delicious.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 medium Spanish onion, diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet or medium saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add onion and peppers and sauté 3 minutes, or until tender. Do not brown.
- Reduce heat to low and add corn. Cover the pan and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour into milk. Add to skillet.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and boiling gently, about 3 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
122 calories, 4 g. fat, 20 mg. cholesterol, 41 mg. sodium, 20 g. carbohydrate, 5 g. fiber, 4 g. protein