Cucumber Salsa with Feta
Total Time:40 minutes; 10 minutes active
Servings:4 to 6 servings
A fresh take on salsa--delicious on grilled fish or pita chips!
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- Zest and juice of 1 1/2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 ounces feta cheese crumbles
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Dash of crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
In a small mixing bowl, combine cucumbers, onions, and lemon zest. Add mint, basil, cilantro, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes (if using) and mix well. Add feta and toss gently. Season to taste. Let sit half an hour to allow the flavors to meld.
Serve with pita chips or atop grilled chicken or seafood.