Cilantro Lime Noodles with Shrimp and Snow Peas
Total Time:30 minutes
These Thai-inspired noodles are as delicious as they are versatile—they're terrific hot, cold, as an entree, or a side.
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta or vermicelli rice noodles
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 pound snow peas, trimmed and cut in half crosswise
- 1/4 pound carrots, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 pound cooked shrimp (21-25 count size) peeled and deveined
- 2 limes, zest and juice
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 ounces baby spinach leaves (about 1 packed cup)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the snow peas, carrots, and garlic and sauté for about 2 minutes. Add the shrimp, lime zest and juice, rice wine vinegar and cayenne pepper and sauté another 3 minutes until heated through. Remove from heat; toss with baby spinach, cilantro, 2 tablespoons olive oil and cooked pasta. Season with salt and pepper and serve with extra lime wedges.
Whether served as a hot entrée or cold salad, eggrolls or spring rolls are a great accompaniment for this dish, along with Thai iced tea and mango sorbet.
Calories: 309, Fat: 10 g, Cholesterol: 103 mg, Sodium: 116 mg, Carbohydrate: 34 g, Dietary Fiber: 3 g, Protein: 20 g