Chili Lime Shrimp
Total Time:40 minutes
These easy, spicy shrimp are delicious served with rice, corn on the cob or a black bean salad.
- 1/4 cup lime juice (from 2-3 fresh limes)
- 2 medium garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 large jalapeno, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 pound easy-peel shrimp, shells on
- In a food processor, process lime juice, garlic, jalapeno, and salt until smooth. Slowly add oil until emulsified.
- Pour marinade over shrimp and marinate in a covered bowl in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Remove shrimp from marinate and add to a hot skillet or grill. Cook shrimp for 2 minutes on each side. Season with salt to taste.
Serve with rice (green rice, or arroz verde, brown rice or fried rice), corn on the cob or black bean salad.
249 calories, 16 g. fat, 173 mg. cholesterol, 302 mg. sodium, 3 g. carbohydrate, 0 g. fiber, 23 g. protein