Tips for Creating a Personalized Gift Basket
Your co-op is a great source for local, unique and flavorful products that delight, inspire and nourish body and soul. Create a special holiday gift basket for friends, family and co-workers by choosing a selection of items that they will enjoy.
Customization is key
The key to creating a thoughtful gift that will truly be appreciated is understanding your recipient. Is she the person you turn to for health and exercise tips? Does he always have the low-down on the latest food trends? Are they regulars at the farmers market and love local farm tours?
Make a list, check it twice
Once you have settled on a theme, brainstorm a list of complementary items, determine your budget and begin exploring the options at the co-op.
Presenting your present
Baskets are nice, but a reusable lunchbox or tote bag, mason jars, metal, wooden or ceramic bowls, even backpacks or messenger bags are practical (and reusable!) options. Or wrap your items furoshiki- style, with a pretty scarf, table linens, or a co-op t-shirt.
Gift basket ideas
- The Foodie - Chutney, chili or curry paste, spice blends, wooden spoons and a cookbook
- The Party Host - Fine cheeses, spiced nuts, dates and figs, fine crackers
- The Locavore - Seasonal fruits and vegetables, jams and preserves, salsas, honey, cheeses
- The Office Mate - Fine coffee and teas, tea infusers, biscotti, fine chocolate, utensils
- The Health Nut - Energy bars, protein shake mix, Emergen-C, yoga mat
- The College Student - Energy bars, trail mix, snacks, socks, Emergen-C and a co-op gift card
- The Beauty Basket - Hair and skin care, essential oils, bath salts, aromatherapy candles