Wild Salmon Fillets with Basil and Hazelnut Crust
Total Time:1 hour; 10 minutes active
Just a few delicious ingredients combine to create a memorable dish. The basil hazelnut crust bastes the salmon while it cooks, keeping it delectably moist and flavorful.
- 1 1/2 pounds wild salmon fillet, skin-on
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fennel
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup chevre cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cut salmon into 4 equal portions.
- Place remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until coarsely chopped (the consistency of fine pickle relish). If the mixture is a little dry, add a bit more olive oil. Coat salmon in this mixture. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Place salmon, skin side down, on a hot grill and cover. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the thickness, or until salmon is opaque throughout.
Recipe modified with permission from PCC Natural Markets.
482 calories, 32 g. fat, 93 mg. cholesterol, 384 mg. sodium, 5 g. carbohydrate, 3 g. fiber, 40 g. protein