Teriyaki and Pineapple Beef Skewers
Total Time:4.5–24 hours with marinating time; 30 minutes active
A pineapple juice marinade tenderizes the steak and adds a dash of sweetness to these easy and delicious beef and pineapple skewers.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 inch fresh ginger
- 2 lbs. boneless round steak, cut in long, 1/4-inch thick slices
- 1 small pineapple, peeled and cubed
- Skewers for grilling
- In a large bowl or tub, combine the soy sauce, pineapple juice, vegetable and sesame oil, garlic, and ginger; whisk to mix. Add the beef slices and pineapple cubes and toss to coat.
- Cover the beef and pineapple tightly and refrigerate for at least 4 and up to 24 hours. To grill, remove the beef and pineapple from the marinade and shake off excess marinade. Start skewering by piercing one end of a beef strip, then skewer a pineapple cube and wrap the beef around it, skewering the beef above the pineapple. Depending on the length of your skewers, two or three strips of beef and pieces of pineapple may fit on each.
- Place the skewers on a tray or sheet pan.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Just before grilling, pour a little oil in a cup, then use tongs to dunk a wadded paper towel in the oil and swab the grill grate. Place the skewers on the grill and cook for about 3 minutes per side or until beef is cooked to your liking. Serve hot.
Serve these skewers with a side of rice, a green leaf salad or grilled veggies, like onions, yellow squash and zucchini.
320 calories, 20 g. fat, 95 mg. cholesterol, 190 mg. sodium, 4 g. carbohydrate, 0 g. fiber, 31 g. protein