Ravioli with Peas and Ham
Total Time:25 minutes; 15 minutes active
- 1 pound frozen ravioli (any variety)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 ounces sliced ham, chopped
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Start heating a large pot of salted water for cooking the ravioli. Measure the peas and set aside to thaw while you prepare the remaining ingredients. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat, and add the lemon zest and garlic. Stir just until the lemon and garlic sizzle, then turn off the heat, and let stand while you cook the ravioli according to package directions, about 8 minutes. Add the peas for the last 2 minutes of cooking time. Drain well.
- Reheat the olive oil mixture on medium-high heat and add the ham. Sauté for 1 to 2 minutes until the ham begins to crisp. Add the drained ravioli, tomatoes and parsley to the pan, toss to coat with oil and mix well. When the tomatoes are starting to soften, about 1 minute, sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.
Keep a bag of frozen ravioli handy and you can have a delicious dinner on the table in minutes. Made with meat- or cheese-filled ravioli and sliced deli ham from the co-op, this dish will be fast and flavorful either way. Serve with a green salad or steamed veggies for a complete meal.
430 calories, 16 g. fat, 45 mg. cholesterol, 710 mg. sodium, 50 g. carbohydrate, 4 g. fiber, 20 g. protein