Nectarine Steak Salad
Total Time:20 minutes
Fresh, juicy nectarines are a perfect complement to grilled steak and blue cheese in this low carb main dish salad.
- 12 ounces ribeye steak
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon coarse salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely-ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 cups mixed greens
- 2 medium nectarines, pitted and sliced
- 2 large scallions, slivered
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- Preheat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Coat the steak with 1/2 tablespoon of the olive oil, then sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Place the steak on the grill or hot pan and don't move it for at least 2 minutes. Grill steak 3 minutes total on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from heat; let stand 8 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- While steak rests, combine lemon juice, honey, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add mixed greens and toss to coat. Add nectarines and scallions. Arrange the sliced steak on top of the dressed greens and sprinkle with blue cheese. Serve immediately.
This is a great dish to make with a leftover grilled steak; just take it out of the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature while you prepare the salad. Slice the meat just before serving. Pair with a light red wine like a Pinot Noir or a Beaujolais for a festive late-summer supper.
290 calories, 17 g. fat, 65 mg. cholesterol, 440 mg. sodium, 12 g. carbohydrate, 2 g. fiber, 24 g. protein