All the traditional Middle Eastern flavors such as mint, apricot, parsley and tahini come together in this grilled eggplant and zucchini salad.
- 1 large zucchini sliced into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced into 1/8-inch thick rounds
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped mint
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat an outdoor grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Drizzle the zucchini and eggplant slices with the olive oil then place on the grill once hot. Grill for about 3-5 minutes per side until softened and grill marks appear, flip and grill the other side.
- Prepare the dressing by whisking together all the ingredients in a small bowl until smooth.
- Toss the arugula with half of the dressing and place in a salad bowl.
- Arrange the grilled zucchini and eggplant on top of the arugula.
- Add the apricots, pine nuts, parsley and mint to the salad bowl and drizzle the remaining dressing on top.
Serve the salad with a simply seasoned grilled meat like chicken or steak.
316 calories, 23 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 43 mg. sodium, 27 g. carbohydrate, 9 g. fiber, 7 g. protein