Total Time:45 minutes; 10 minutes active
This flavorful Mexican inspired casserole is a breeze to prepare.
- 10 flour tortillas
- 1/2 box taco vegan filling, prepared and cooled
- 3/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1/4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chiles
- 1/4 cup prepared salsa
- 3 cups shredded cheese, cheddar or Mexican blend
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the taco filling, scallions, green pepper, green chilies, and salsa. Scoop 1/3 cup of the filing into each tortilla, add a large pinch of cheese, and roll the tortillas. Place tortilla rolls in a lightly greased 9x13-inch baking dish, seam side down.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, milk, flour, and garlic salt. Pour this mixture over the tortilla rolls (to just cover).
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes, then cover with foil and bake another 20 minutes, or until set. Remove foil, sprinkle with leftover cheese, and bake 3 minutes more to allow cheese to melt.
- Remove from the oven and let stand 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Serve with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole.
817 calories, 32 g. fat, 208 mg. cholesterol, 1547 mg. sodium, 71 g. carbohydrate, 6 g. fiber, 36 g. protein