Kimchi Brussels Sprouts
Total Time:50 minutes; 20 minutes active
Kimchi, Korea's spicy answer to sauerkraut, is fermented cabbage with ginger, garlic and chilies and comes in mild, medium and hot. Here it’s added to nutty roasted Brussels sprouts where its full flavor plays up their natural sweetness.
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 large red Fresno chili, slivered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce, to taste
- 1/2 cup kimchi, drained
- Heat the oven to 400° F. Place the Brussels sprouts and chili in a large roasting pan and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat. Spread the Brussels sprouts in the pan, cut side down. Roast, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and drizzle in the fish sauce; add the kimchi, and turn the mixture with a spatula. Roast again for 10 minutes. Serve hot, adding more fish sauce if desired.
150 calories, 6 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 2590 mg. sodium, 21 g. carbohydrate, 4 g. fiber, 9 g. protein