Green Smoothie with Flax
Total Time:10 minutes
This easy smoothie provides a sippable, nutrient-packed drink to help you feel a little less run down. It’s so yummy and green, you don’t need an excuse to enjoy it for breakfast or an afternoon pick-me-up!
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups kale, stems removed, roughly chopped
- 2 cups spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 ribs celery, roughly chopped
- 1 large orange, peeled and seeds removed
- 1 large banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Pour the almond milk in the blender, and place the remaining ingredients, in order, on top.
- Secure the lid of the blender and insert the tamper, if you have one. Start the blender on low and increase to the highest speed. Blend until very smooth. Serve immediately.
Serve this smoothie for breakfast or enjoy as a healthy snack.
230 calories, 2.5 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 200 mg. sodium, 47 g. carbohydrate, 9 g. fiber, 7 g. protein