Garlic Parmesan Smashed Sweet Potato Rounds
Total Time:35 minutes; 15 minutes active
These baked, smashed sweet potato rounds are so tender they will melt on your fork. Drizzled with herbed butter, sprinkled with Parmesan, and crisped to perfection, they make an appealing side dish to your fall dinner.
- 4 small sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Use about one tablespoon of butter to grease a large sheet pan with a rim. Score the skin of each sweet potato with a paring knife, cutting four evenly spaced lines from tip to tip. This will make it easier to flatten the rounds after baking. Cut into 1 1/2-inch-thick rounds. Place the rounds on the sheet pan, cover tightly with foil or another baking pan, and roast for about 20 minutes, until soft when pierced with a paring knife. Remove the pan from the oven, and set the oven on broil. Use a fork to flatten each slice to about a 3/4-inch-thick round.
- Melt the remaining butter in a small pan; add garlic and rosemary, and stir for a few seconds. Use a spoon to drizzle a little bit of the butter mixture over the sweet potato rounds. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese, and place under the broiler for 2 minutes or so, until crispy and browned. Serve hot.
260 calories, 13 g. fat, 35 mg. cholesterol, 390 mg. sodium, 33 g. carbohydrate, 5 g. fiber, 4 g. protein