Feisty 5 Spice Chicken Wings
Total Time:1 hour 30 minutes; 15 minutes active
Spiced and seasoned with Korean chili paste and Chinese 5 spice powder, you'll love these baked chicken wings.
- 3/4 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons gochujang (Korean chili paste)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 scallion, minced
- 2 teaspoons Chinese 5 Spice powder
- 2 pounds chicken wings, tips removed
- Combine tamari, vinegar, oil, gochujang, garlic, ginger, scallion and spice powder in a blender and puree. Reserve 1/4 cup of the marinade and refrigerate for later use. Place the wings in a large bowl or plastic ziplock bag and cover with remaining marinade. Marinate the wings in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours (or up to 24).
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Remove wings from the marinade, lay them on an oiled sheet pan, drizzle lightly with leftover marinade from the bag or bowl and roast for about 12 to 15 minutes. When finished, toss the still-warm wings with the additional reserved marinade.
These wings are best served either hot or at room temperature, garnished with finely-sliced scallion and sesame seeds. Offer extra sauce or sriracha glaze on the side.
263 calories, 14 g. fat, 122 mg. cholesterol, 551 mg. sodium, 1 g. carbohydrate, 0 g. fiber, 30 g. protein