Total Time:30 minutes
Give your corn on the cob a zesty blast of flavor.
- 4 large ears of corn, shucked
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 medium lime, zested and juiced
- 2 teaspoons ancho chili powder
- 1/4 cup crumbled cotija or grated Parmesan cheese
- To grill corn, heat a gas grill on high for 20 minutes, or build a fire in a charcoal grill and wait for the coals to be covered with ash. While the grill heats, place the mayonnaise in a medium bowl and stir 1/4 teaspoon of the lime zest and 1/2 teaspoon of the juice. Reserve.
- When the grill is hot, place the ears of corn over the hot side of the grill and cook, turning with tongs occasionally, until cooked and charred in spots. Coat each ear with mayonnaise and sprinkle with chili powder and cheese. Serve immediately.
Serve with any barbecue spread, BLTs or enjoy elotes as a standalone snack.
230 calories, 9 g. fat, 10 mg. cholesterol, 250 mg. sodium, 37 g. carbohydrate, 4 g. fiber, 8 g. protein