Cucumber and Fennel Slaw
Total Time:20 minutes
This bright, fresh slaw is a sensational side dish for grilled meats. Try it atop burgers and in wraps, too.
- 1⁄3 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cucumber, julienned
- 1 small fennel bulb, julienned
- 1/2 cup julienned red bell pepper
- Salt and black pepper to taste
In a large mixing bowl, stir together the orange juice, olive oil, vinegar, zest and garlic, then add the prepared vegetables and mix together gently. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
This zesty slaw is delicious served with grilled salmon or steak; in a wrap with chopped seitan, shredded romaine lettuce and yogurt sauce; or piled on a lamb burger.
51 calories, 2 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 61 mg. sodium, 7 g. carbohydrate, 2 g. fiber, 1 g. protein