Cranberry Pecan Skillet Stuffing
Total Time:1 hour; 20 minutes active
This delightful stuffing is delicious for any Thanksgiving meal. Serve it with tofu steak and mushroom gravy for vegans.
- 4 to 5 cups vegan multigrain bread, cut in 1/2- to 1-inch cubes and toasted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 cups onion, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 3/4 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large iron skillet over medium-high heat and saute the garlic, onion, carrots, celery, and green pepper for 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms and dried herbs and continue to cook for a few more minutes until mushrooms are tender. Stir in the vegetable broth, cranberries, pecans, salt, pepper, and toasted bread cubes. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for about 30 minutes, then uncover and bake another 5-10 minutes. Let the stuffing sit for 15 minutes before serving.
Add a pan-fried tofu steak and mushroom gravy to this vegan stuffing for your favorite vegetarian Thanksgiving guest.
302 calories, 12 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 543 mg. sodium, 42 g. carbohydrate, 7 g. fiber, 10 g. protein