Cracked Black and Blue Canapes
Total Time:15 minutes
Thinly sliced roast beef wrapped around a creamy blue cheese filling makes for a delightful and effortless appetizer.
- 1/2 pound roast beef, sliced thinly
- 1/4 pound blue cheese, crumbled or bite-sized
- 6 scallions
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon cracked or freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 pound cream cheese, softened (optional)
- Trim the scallions into 24 pieces, approximately 3 inches long.
- Cut the roast beef into strips, approximately 1–2 inches wide by 6 inches long. Lay out the roast beef strips and add a scallion slice, a small dollop of stone-ground mustard, a large pinch of blue cheese and a smear of cream cheese, if using. Sprinkle lightly with cracked black pepper. Lift the bottom edge of the roast beef up and over the scallion and cheese, then roll upwards, jelly-roll style.
- Skewer each roll with a toothpick and serve on a platter.
112 calories, 9 g. fat, 29 mg. cholesterol, 150 mg. sodium, 2 g. carbohydrate, 0 g. fiber, 7 g. protein