Chipotle-Lime Grilled Arctic Char
Total Time:1 1/2 hours; 25 minutes active
Simple seasonings and a few minutes on the grill is all it takes for this tasty arctic char.
- 4 6-oz. arctic char fillets
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 cup cilantro or parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle powder
- Lime wedges (for accompaniment)
- Pat dry the char and let it come to room temperature.
- In a food processor, combine the garlic and cilantro or parsley. Process to mince finely. Add the lime juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt and chipotle powder and process until smooth. Reserve.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat on one side (leave one side with no coals underneath if using a charcoal grill). Just before grilling, pour a couple of tablespoons of olive oil in a cup and use tongs and a wadded paper towel to swab the cool side of the grate with oil. Place the fish on the heated grate, skin side down, and close the lid; cook for 4 minutes. Carefully turn the fish and place on the cool side of the grill for about 2–3 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through but still a little pink in the middle. Turn again, flesh side up, and drizzle with the prepared sauce.
- Transfer to a platter and serve.
A simple side salad with a light drizzle of olive oil will pair nicely with the flavors of the char, chipotle and lime. Other greens—like kale, green beans or roasted broccoli—will perfectly round out the meal.
Tips & Notes
Substitute salmon for arctic char, if desired.
360 calories, 24 g. fat, 100 mg. cholesterol, 660 mg. sodium, 4 g. carbohydrate, 0 g. fiber, 32 g. protein