Chevre, Fig and Honey Pizzas
Total Time:35 minutes (if using dried figs, less with fresh); 10 minutes active
This pizza is a lovely mix of sweet and savory, and showcases the Mediterranean flavors of figs and tangy cheese. If you are looking for some nibbles to serve alongside wine, make a few of these. They will be a hit!
- 4 small naan breads or pitas
- 8 large fresh or dried, moist figs
- 1 teaspoon red wine (if using dried figs)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 6 ounces crumbled chevre
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme sprigs
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place the naan or pita breads on a sheet pan and reserve. Slice the figs across the fruit, making rounds. If you are using dried figs, and they seem dry, put them in a small bowl and sprinkle with the wine. Let soak for ten minutes.
- Drain any remaining wine and distribute the fig slices on top of the naan. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with pepper, then top with crumbled chevre and thyme.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the bread is crisp on the bottom and the cheese is melted. Serve hot.
351 Calories, 1 g. fat, 15 mg. cholesterol, 537 mg. sodium, 57 g. carbohydrate, 16 g. fiber, 13 g. protein