Cheese Tortellini Salad with Spinach
Total Time:30 minutes
Refreshing and easy to make, this lemony tortellini salad takes full advantage of spring's tender baby spinach.
- 1 1/2 pounds store-bought cheese-filled tortellini
- 3 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved (or red bell pepper, sliced into 1-inch juliennes)
- 1 cup scallions, sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- For the dressing: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all ingredients and set aside.
- For the pasta: In a medium pot, bring 5 quarts of salted water to a boil. Add the tortellini and cook until al dente, about 7-9 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Combine the sliced tomatoes, cooled tortellini, basil, and scallions. Pour over the dressing and let sit for 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Tear the spinach into the bowl and mix to combine.
481 calories, 22 g. fat, 25 mg. cholesterol, 471 mg. sodium, 62 g. carbohydrate, 5 g. fiber, 11 g. protein