Total Time:20 minutes
Sweet and tangy sauce dresses up salmon fillets in this quick and easy recipe.
- 4 salmon fillets, skin on
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 4 tablespoons bourbon
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Combine the brown sugar, bourbon, soy, lime juice, ginger, garlic, and black pepper. Stir well and set aside.
- Heat the 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large skillet. Add the salmon and cook skin side down for 4-5 minutes, until the skin browns.
- Gently flip and add the glaze to the pan. Cook for another 4-5 minutes. Flip the salmon over again and put on plates or platter.
- Continue cooking the glaze 3 more minutes, or until bubbling. Pour glaze over the salmon and garnish with sesame seeds and red pepper flakes.
Serve with pan-roasted vegetables or a side of sesame noodles.
388 calories, 13 g. fat, 89 mg. cholesterol, 21 g. carbohydrate, trace dietary fiber, 36 g. protein, 1,128 mg. sodium.