Banana Oat Bars
Total Time:35 minutes
Moist and delicious, these banana oat bars are likely to become a fast favorite.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups bananas, mashed
- 1 cup whole rolled oats
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and white and brown sugars. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract. Fold in the mashed banana.
- In a small bowl, mix together the oats, flour and baking powder, then fold that into the wet mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread into the prepared pan and bake 25 minutes, until set. Cool before cutting into squares.
These oat bars are delicious when served with a fruit smoothie, vanilla yogurt, bananas, coffee or Chai tea, and make a nice midday snack or sweet breakfast option.
Calories: 354, Fat: 19 g, Cholesterol: 61 mg, Sodium: 240 mg, Carbohydrate: 45 g, Dietary Fiber: 2 g, Protein: 3 g