Banana “Nice” Cream
Total Time:4 hours; 10 minutes active
Craving a sweet treat? Instead of ice cream, make “nice” cream from frozen bananas. It’s dairy free and you can easily create custom flavors.
- 3 ripe bananas (2 cups), sliced and frozen
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon almond milk (or other milk)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons pistachios
- 2 tablespoons all-fruit strawberry jam
1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Place the sliced bananas in a food processor bowl and process, breaking down the banana into small bits.
- Scrape down the banana, add the vanilla and almond milk, and process until smooth. As soon as there are no lumps, transfer to bowls to serve or to a storage tub to freeze.
Chocolate: Add cocoa with the vanilla and milk and process.
Peanut butter: Add peanut butter and honey with the bananas and process.
Pistachio: Grind the pistachios in the food processor until creamy, scraping down and repeating as needed. Then add the bananas and process. When a thick purée is produced, add the vanilla and almond milk and process.
Strawberry: Add the jam with the bananas and process.
Chia: Add the chia seeds with the almond milk and process.
Tips and Notes
Make sure your bananas are completely frozen and work quickly so the nice cream will remain cold. If you want it firmer, just scoop it into a storage tub and freeze. You can also scoop it into individual cups and freeze for easy serving.
Top these frosty treats with some strawberries or chopped nuts, such as pistachios or peanuts!
200 calories, 0.5 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 10 mg. sodium, 52 g. carbohydrate, 6 g. fiber, 3 g. protein