Total Time:90 minutes; 15 minutes active
Baked muesli is a delicious way to start your day—it’s hearty, healthy, delicious and satisfying.
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups rolled rye flakes
- 1 1/4 cups rolled barley flakes
- 1 1/2 cups mixed nuts, chopped, and sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup raisins, or mix of other dried fruit (cherries, cranberries, dates or apricots)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Onto a standard-sized large cookie sheet, measure out the rolled oats, rolled rye flakes and rolled barley flakes. Onto a separate cookie sheet of any size, add the chopped nuts and seeds. Spread the flakes, nuts and seeds out evenly on their respective sheets.
- Place both cookie sheets in the oven. Remove the sheet with nuts and seeds after 8 minutes and let cool. Leave the rolled flakes in the oven for 17 minutes more, then remove and allow to cool completely.
- Once all the ingredients have cooled, about one hour, combine in a bowl and add the raisins. With clean hands, mix in the raisins and separate any clumps.
- Store the muesli in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Serve with dairy or non-dairy milk, yogurt, or fruit juice, and top with sliced fresh fruit, if desired.
Tips & Notes
Baked muesli is incredibly flexible. You can use whatever combination of rolled grains you prefer, including wheat flakes, and adjust the ratios of any of the ingredients to your liking.
If you’d prefer to make a traditional muesli, simply toast the nuts and seeds and use raw rolled grains.
180 calories, 8 g. fat, 0 mg. cholesterol, 15 mg. sodium, 25 g. carbohydrate, 4 g. fiber, 5 g. protein