Baby Greens and Beet Salad with Lemon Chia Dressing
Total Time:20 minutes
Enjoy the fresh flavor of a simple homemade salad dressing atop this seasonal salad.
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- 1 to 2 teaspoons honey
- Pinch each of salt and black pepper
- 1 5-ounce package baby greens
- 1 small beet, peeled and shredded
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- Whisk together all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, gently toss the baby greens, beets and strawberries with a few tablespoons of dressing. Taste and add more dressing if desired. Top with the goat cheese crumbles before serving.
189 calories, 7 g. fat, 10 mg. cholesterol, 239 mg. sodium, 25 g. carbohydrate, 8 g. fiber, 6 g. protein